Sunday, December 20, 2015

My Cocoon


I held you close and became your shell,
I gave you my color,
Made you beautiful.

I know one day you’d be free to fly,
And find your wings a whole new sky,
Seek new flowers to spread the colors,
Join new wings and fly high.



Amidst your flight, my dear Lil child,
Will you remember this old Lil shell?
Alone I would be and gaze to see,
The beautiful wings of my butterfly.

All that makes my world would be,
A gaze of you in the beautiful new sky,
A wink of smile, a flutter of love,
Is all I need to keep me alive.

 © 2015 Rekha Mallia (Reserved)

______________________________________________________
A beautiful emotion of a Mother, intense, very well penned by my College mate and neighbor, Rekha Mallia.
She blogs @ Rekha Mallia and her FB page is https://www.facebook.com/rrmallia

0 comments: